Labor Professional Liability Insurance
Euclid Specialty offers customized professional liability coverage for labor unions and labor non-profit entities. Labor entities need unique insurance coverage because their core mission of collective bargaining is typically excluded in standard professional liability insurance policies. Basic coverage provisions include:
- Union/entity exposures, including collective bargaining, duty of fair representation, and handling grievances;
- Financial management exposures in running a union/non-profit entity;
- Employment practices liability, including discrimination, harassment, and constructive termination; and
- Personal injury, including libel, slander and invasion of privacy.
The policy provides two important basic benefits, defense and indemnity: (1) the policy pays for the cost of defending a union/labor non-profit entity, officer or director accused of violating any of the four areas referenced above; and (2) the policy also indemnifies the union/entity, officer or director for their alleged breach of duty and negligent error or omissions in the event of a settlement or judgment of liability.
Product & Program Highlights
- Commitment to labor non-profit niche – Carrier history of paying claims fairly and responsively
- Limits capacity – $5 million on a primary or excess basis
- Claims Expertise: Euclid Specialty staff has claims authority from our carrier. Our staff of experts has unparalleled legal and claims experience as well as unique knowledge of labor non-profit entities. We are responsive and proactive and understand the complex nature of Labor Professional Liability claims.
- Coverage for liability arising from the Collective Bargaining Process
- Coverage for claims alleging a violation of the National Labor Relations Act
- Policy allows the insured to select defense counsel
- EPLI – first party coverage included in the policy; third party EPLI available by endorsement
- Educators liability coverage is available for JATC’s and their Board of Directors
- Our Carrier: Policy offered on admitted basis, 50 state availability through Hudson Insurance Company, one of the most dedicated carriers for labor non-profits and employee benefit plans. Hudson has an A.M. Best rating of “A” (Excellent), financial size category XV ($2.0 billion or greater)
- The Individual Labor Leader Endorsement provides reimbursement of defense costs for union leaders facing allegations of personal profit, fraud and conflict of interest where the Landrum-Griffin Act prohibits a union from paying for defense of union officials. Learn more about the Labor Leader endorsement.
- Considering labor unions (International, Local, District and Regional Councils, etc.), Labor-Management Committees, JATC’s, FOP, PBA, Guild, and other labor non-profit associations.